The Mont Pelerin Society welcomes new members who are able to show an understanding of and commitment to the aims and values of the Society, particularly those who have worked, or who currently work, in academia.
The MPS Annual Membership Application Period is October 1st to October 31st. Candidates will be notified of the nomination outcome the following April. To qualify for membership, candidates should:
- Have attended at least one previous meeting
- Be invited by a current member to complete the New Member Nomination form
- Provide a letter of intent, two pages or less, explaining why he or she would like to become a member
- Be able to provide nomination support letters from two current MPS members
- Be able to provide a a current CV, four pages or less
Invited candidates will be required to complete the New Member Nomination form and upload a current CV, a letter of intent, and two letters of nomination from current MPS members. All documents are required at the time of submission. Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
Those who would like to be considered for membership, but have not been to a meeting and do not know any members to support their application, should send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The request should include a CV and a letter of intent, explaining why he or she would like to become a member and demonstrating an understanding of and commitment to the aims and values of the Society. The Membership Committee will review the request and may extend an invitation to be a guest at a future meeting.
Members must be logged in to access invitation materials.